Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Card Holder

I'm a copy cat--and proud of it.  They say the first step is admittance, right?

Last week I was surfing blogland and saw how Pink and Polka Dot made this Christmas Card Holder.

We have 2 christmas card holders, but in the back of my head, I thought if I saw one I really liked, I would probably buy one.  I saw her idea and filed it in the back of my brain.

That afternoon, I was wandering around at hobby lobby and happened to see the chair webbing and thought, oh, cool.  That's where it is. (by the fabric trim)  Mental note for next year.  Then as I was making my way to the back of the store, I went down the wood craft aisle and happend to see the mini-clothespins.  It was a sign!  lol.  So I was like, ok.  I've got to do it.




The clothespins were only 2 bucks and some change.  The chair webbing was 99 cents/yard, and I guessed at 2 yards.  I already had some ulpolstery tacks at home.  And I grabbed some red spray paint.  I love those mini-cans!

This is the easiest thing to do...I tacked it at over the top of the door, and at the bottom.



And hung a wreath over it.  (I'm in a 'wreath on inside doors' phase right now)  But since the Moose is loose, I can't put too many cards towards the bottom, so I'll have to take the wreath down in a few more days to make room for more cards.   OR I'll probably just go back to the HobLob and buy some more webbing and put up another one on another door.

 I haven't spray painted the pins yet.  Probably won't.  I'm too much of a rusher to take the time to do that. 






I love it...simple.  Total cost with spray paint (optional) = $8 (+ or - some change, and depending on what's on sale that week)




 Happy Webbing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, yours looks better than the one you copied! Save room for our Christmas card! Love, M

    ReplyDelete