Friday, December 11, 2009

Kids & Christmas

Meredith is really getting into Christmas.  Each year, she understands more and more.  Will...well, he is 18mos, and just likes to rip the ornaments off the tree.

I bought Meredith a small Christmas tree.  I gave it to her before I could buy any of those mini-ornaments.  But she went right to work decorating that tree!







She really did all of that by herself.  The girl has an eye for design :)

M has not liked Santa at all since she was little.  So when the pre-school had Breakfast with Santa the other day, I chose not to be there when pictures were taken.  I thought she might do a little better without me, and thought maybe peer pressure would be a good thing.  And I was right.  The girl sat on his lap and told him what she wanted for Christmas.  I couldn't believe it.  Just a few weeks ago we were at the mall, and there was NO line for Santa.  And she clung to me even when Santa was at a distance.  So when I saw this picture I almost cried.  

Now all she talks about is Santa and she wants to go see him again.  She said she wanted to call him, too.  So I called my brother and asked him to be Santa.  I gave her the phone, and said Santa was on the line, and her eyes got as big as saucers.  She talked to him for a few minutes.  (all while me and Mike were laughing at David)  All she keeps saying is that she wants a baby doll. 

Now for Will.  Well...to say that he is a 'fraidy cat is an understatement.  I'm not sure what's going on with him.  To be 'all boy', he is scared of the most non-scary things.  But him and Santa don't get along too well
right now. 




There is always next year....

1 comment:

  1. poor will....that looks like torture!
    and meredith's tree is perfect. i would not change it!

    ReplyDelete