Sunday, December 13, 2009

O Christmas Tree!







TDC is having a Christmas Tree Party!  Check it out!

Sooooo...here is our tree.  Nothing too fancy.  (Read about my BOW here)  I had more plans for the tree, mostly to use some cool picks this year.   But I started too late.  And that is ok.  I'm content with it.  (and contentment is a new thing for me this year) 


This bow makes me happy!





hmm...thinking we might have to go a little fatter next year...We'll see what I can find on clearance after Christmas. 

Notice no ornaments at the bottom of the tree.  There is this thing running around here we call Moose.  There is a bell where he can reach...he'll ring it and say, "ding dong, ding dong". 

Meredith keeps asking where the star is for the top of the tree.  I keep telling her we have a bow this year.  To which she replies with a scrunched up face, 'no mommy, we're supposed to have a STAR!'   Then I try to change the subject.

I love ornaments.  And I usually buy/collect ornaments throughout the year that are all about us, and/or commemorate a special occasion, or...

From out-of-town places we visit...

Gulf Shores/Orange Beach vacay '09
 

For Mike....policemen & ornaments that represent his Irish heritage...






And I try and re-live my past with owls...



and cheerleaders...

 

I try and buy an ornament each year for whatever the kids are into..like Mickey, Minnie, Wizard of Oz, High School Musical, etc......it's a mix. This represents Tyler loving music...

 

Before we were married, a friend from church threw us a Christmas Shower.  So we received many ornaments---and 7 years later I still use them all, and I can tell you who gave us each one.  This one is from Pat Reed...a neat lady, and dear family friend.




I collect Willow Trees...


And we love the Vols!.....when they are winning!  (j/k)




I could go on and on...I am very sentimental, so I love that I can tell you a story, or tell you what an ornament represents.  It's fun to travel down memory lane each year.

I love all kinds of  trees...whether they are fancy and extravagant, or simple.  But I love that our tree tells a story about our family...past and present.
Merry Christmas!!!





2 comments:

  1. Love love love the big ribbon at the top! darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! Lovely bow on the top. We have an old fashioned light up star which is what Hubby wants because it's what he had growing up. Hopped over from TDC's party!

    ReplyDelete