Saturday, January 2, 2010

Perfect Poundcake


Have you ever had one of those moments in your life when you think, crap, I'm officially an adult now?  I still think of myself as a pretty cool chic, stuck around the age of 22.  Then something happens when I'm like...whoa...I'm a adult.  bummer. 

My first 'adult' moment was when I grounded the teenager (he was 10 then) because he didn't bring his books home from school like he was told 2 times before.  And he had a test the next day.  (my dad is laughing now)

I've had several of these moments, but you're thinking...um, what about a poundcake???

I coached jr. high cheerleading at my alma mater for two years.  And for christmas one year, one of the girls gave me a poundcake.  And I was like, whoa, I'm an adult.  A mom baked me a poundcake.  I received a poundcake as a gift.  Aren't you supposed to give poundcakes to seasoned, experienced teachers??

But OMG...it is THE BEST POUNDCAKE EVER.  I had to have the recipe. And now it is a staple in our family.  I cooked one tonite.  It is LOVE..whether it is eaten plain, or with strawberries & whip cream.  Good for breakfast, or anytime of the day/night.  And I love it when it's a little crunchy on the outside.  And it makes your house smell yummy!


Before I could take a picture, hubby got a piece.  A big one. 

So here is the recipe given to me by Suzanne McAdoo....this might be just a normal 'everybody has this recipe' poundcake.  But I think it's pretty awesome.

1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden
8oz sour cream
1/2 c. sugar  (sometimes I use Splenda and you can't even tell!)
1/2 c. oil
4 eggs

Mix together with mixer.  Bake in a greased bundt pan on 350 degrees for 45mins.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment