Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dresser Reveal!

Drumroll please......

Oh wait...let me show you the before picture again...



and AFTER... (keep in mind I haven't decorated yet...and I'll be replacing the burp cloth with a runner)



Wow...what a difference from the entertainment center before.  I can breathe.  I was beyond ready to get rid of the honey oak!




The room is so open now.



I'm so thrilled with how this turned out.





I kept all the old hardware.  I just cleaned it up a little.



(raising my right hand) I , Judith, solemnly promise, that I will never use straight paint again on a piece of furniture.  I will alway use a paint/glaze mixture.  Thank you Anything Pretty.

Like I've said before, I usually start a project good, then get sloppy towards the end.  But I am so proud of myself for taking my time, and being patient.  I even used 3 coats of poly.  I've never poly'd anything before, b/c I'm in such a rush!   Thank goodness...the dresser wasn't in the room for 3 minutes before the Moose started running his cars on it!

And I'm thankful for hubby being patient with me, too.  It's hard to keep looking at a new tv for almost 2 weeks and not be able to put it up!

So, now, the journey continues on how to fill this wall??!! 



I like my oval black metal things.  But I know it's a lot of black right now.  After I accessorize, we'll see how it looks.  I'll keep my eye out, but I'm not committed to changing those just yet.  So stay tuned! 

If you want to see the steps on what I did, and how I did it...click away...
Dresser Project Part 1
Dresser Project Part 2
Dresser Project Part 2.5

5 comments:

  1. i am in love with the color. you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great and you're right, it makes a huge difference.Curious as to what's in those oval frames. I enlarged the pics but still can't tell. Would love to see them close up.

    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the liquid sander tip. I have a similar piece I need to paint. Yours turned out great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks AWESOME!! I am very impressed - you did a fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous piece, I'm a huge fan of redoing pieces with good bones! xo

    ReplyDelete