Monday, March 29, 2010

It's the small things in life, you know?

Why must ironing board covers be so ugly?  Ironing is such a laborous task!  (disclaimer: I really don't know much about that, though.  That is what $1.75 cleaners are for!)  But wouldn't a cute cover make it a little better?  Everyone has an ironing board...so why isn't there a huge selection of CUTE ironing board covers available?  google it.  You will be disappointed.

I digress.

Here is the beauty that came with hubby into the marriage.


And if our ironing board was hidden away in a closet, it probably wouldn't bother me as much.  But our laundry room is right off the kitchen, and the door usually stays open, so it's in my line of sight most of the time.

But while piddlin around Tuesday Morning the other day, I stumbled across this beauty, and heard the angels sing! 



For only 9.99!!  It was between this print, and the black/white zebra print.  Ohhhh...why do little decisions like this make me crazy???  I love the paisley, but I love the zebra!  The 'old me' would have bought them both without thinking.  But the 'new me' understands that I do not NEED 2 ironing board covers.  And the reality of taking one back is not going to happen.  So I chose paisley.

And now this is my line of sight into the laundry room...and now I want to paint the laundry room more than ever to make my paisley pop. 

I'll put that project on my 'eventually' list. 

But like I said, it's the small things in life, you know?





1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I can see how that just made your day! See its the little things in life. ANd our husbands probably still think we are too hard to please! haha!

    ReplyDelete