Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lipstick Paint Progress

On Saturday, my mother and I took the kids shopping for easter outfits, then we went to the park to let the kids play and expend some energy.

After putting the kids down for their nap, I thought, hmmm...I'll paint the kitchen real quick before they wake up.

hahahahahahahahahahaha....I'm still laughing.

I had forgotten exactly how much 'cutting' had to be done in the kitchen.  There isn't a lot of wall space, so it's easy to think it's not much. 



I might add that I have become a pretty good cutter.  My Pop would be proud.  He was a painter for many years after his retirement.  I like to think that he might give me a job if he were still alive.  I think about him a lot, and especially when I am painting.  I feel like he is watching me, and wincing laughing at my techniques (or lack thereof).

And I never think about the 2nd coat. 

Long story, short--I started at 3pm, and finished after midnight.  It was worth it!  I love my green kitchen!

Paint used:
Valspar from Lowe's
Interior Satin Finish
Homestead Resort Olive

(I used this color a couple of years ago to paint over the hideous cream ceramic tile backsplash, with fruit--except in a semi-gloss.  So I knew I loved it.  Greens are sooo hard to pick!) 

It looks a little too olive-y here....but it's not!  It was midnight, so I didn't have a lot of natural light.


(btw...the rooster cabinet will be painted soon...and see what I mean about painting the laundry room??)




And here is the best part:



Just look how good my new floor is going to look!!!!



Oh white lineoleum, how do I strongly dislike thee?  Let me count the ways!

Next Step:
Cabinets


Lord help me.  Amen.




2 comments:

  1. that paint made a HUGE difference. and the flooring is going to blow it out of the water. i love seeing the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen!!!! THe color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete