Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One thing checked off the list...

You know those little things that sometimes bug you around the house?? 

Be it outdated brass light fixtures,



moulding dropped below the ceiling from the 80's border craze,  (no, I have not painted my bedroom walls since we moved in)


the duck in the bathroom window (can we say 1988?)


Need I go on??

The hubby and I have not been crazy about our doors in our kitchen.  The back door was ok, but the Moose was destroying the blinds. 


And the door to the garage leaves much to be desired.  But doors are one of those things that just aren't that high on the list.  Because they are, (all together now), FUNCTIONAL.


I have always just wanted 2 half doors that look the same.  But Well, Saturday morning the hubby announced, 'I'm going to Home Depot to get a back door.'.  I said, 'ok, that's cool.  Get two while you're at it.' 

While inside I was jumping up and down like a little girl.  It's the little things in life, you know.  Yay! I get new doors!  (yes, I'm a dork)

Bye Bye Door!


'ello Love! 


The 2nd door didn't fit on the cart at the depot, so we'll go back and get the other one another weekend.

And a special shout-out to my hubby and my father-in-law.  I learned that installing a door is no easy task.  At least not in our house.  Nothing is easy in our house.  It took several hours.  I would have taken more pics throughout the process, but I didn't think it was a good idea to stand around and bug the hubby for the sake of the blog.  The entire casing had to be ripped out.  There was some serious power tools involved.  It was a mess.  So if you thought (like I did) that you just take the door off the hinges, and put another door on the hinges, um, no, it doesn't really work like that.  So thank you again honey!!! 

Now....what can I do with that glass-paned door sitting on the porch...hmmm...Isn't that how it goes?  One project crossed off the list, and another project added to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment