Monday, April 19, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make.


(Excuse the shadow & dirty window)

It's the 3rd week in April and my Christmas wreath is still on the door.


Yes, people.  It's true. 


And it's an old one, at that.  I was busy this christmas making wreaths for other people, that I did not make one for myself. 

Everyday when I drive past the front of my house on the way to work, I look over the front door and think, I've GOT to take that thing down.  And do you know how many times I have gone in and out the front door since christmas was over?  Why haven't I just reached up there and taken it down?  I guess it would have been too easy.

But in the back of my head, I knew I wanted to do another spring wreath or arrangement for the front door, but just wasn't inpsired by anything.  Until this weekend.  I stumbled upon a new friend, Tracy, at Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures.

I saw her simple spring arrangement on her front door, and knew that was the inspiration I was looking for.  So on Saturday I packed the kids up into the car, and headed to the Lobby.  After the kids went to sleep that night, I started my little project. 

(Here is a visual for you:  Me and hubby were both sitting on the couch.  I am working on my arrangement, and he is beside me cleaning a civil war bayonet.  Just take a moment and imagine that picture in your head.  This is my life.  My blog should really be called Flowers & Firearms.)

Anyhoo...Here is my front door now...




Yay for spring!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so good. I love it. I really like the container you used. Thanks for mentioning me. That was really sweet. I liked the visual by the way.

    ReplyDelete