Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dishing It

Happy Wednesday!  Hope everyone is having a good week!

I talked to my M-I-L today, and she said her countertops look amazing!  I can't wait to see them!  I'll go back over to their house on Saturday, so I can take the final 'after' shots for the Reveal Part 2.  So stay tuned!  And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here to read about our 'While You Were Out' kitchen re-do my hubby and his sisters did for their parents!  Start at Day 1 and work your way up!

So before I log off and start making some centerpieces for a work function (long story--stay tuned for that blog post), I was breezing through my dashboard and saw this party Dishing It Party going on at Serenity Now-A Mommy's Solution to Staying Sane.


I've never really done this kind of party before, so here goes nothing.  My nana used to say that you should make a new friend everyday.  So that applies to the blog-world, too, right?  I heart new friends.

So let me take a minute to answer Amanda's questions:

~How long have you been blogging?
My first post was April 16, 2009--almost exactly a year ago!


~Why did you start blogging?
Hmmm...I think I started blogging to talk about my kiddos.  But all of our family is here in town, so after a couple of posts, I really wasn't sharing anything that the grandparents didn't know about. 

Then I came to a point in my life where I had to be honest with myself and others about my struggles of being a working mom and my compulsive shopping, and this was a good outlet to put it all out there!  Transparency is a wonderful thing!

~Tell me about your blog's title. Why did you choose it?  (this is a long answer)
My blog address was originally the mcgeefamily blogspot.  But I changed it to theprincessandthemoose because obviously we call our little girl the Princess, and we call our little boy Moose because he weighed almost 11 pounds at birth.  He answers better to Moose, than he does to Will.  Some people think it's cute, some people think it's not.  I don't see any harm in it.  I like to imagine me being a football mom in a few years, and the announcer will say 'Moose McGee on the tackle!'  Sounds cool, anyway.

But I originally wanted the address to be creatingbalance, but it was already taken.  So my blog title is Creating Balance.  I work full-time outside the home, and so it's a constant battle to maintain that work-life-kid-hubby-friend-family time balance that we all struggle with.

~What do you blog about?
Like I said, I started trying to blog about the kids, but I really just felt like no one really cares that the Princess told me I was the best mom ever.  Or that Moose finally cut his back teeth.  And most of the time, by the end of the day, I really cannot remember the cute things they say, or do.

I've always been a thrift store junkie, and amatuer decorator...I thought I was the only one until I discovered I was normal!  There are other girls out there like me who spray paints junk and mis-treats windows!! 

So it's a mix of thrift-store finds, my diary of a working mom, and some family stuff.

~What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Mostly before and afters, and my deals I find at the thrift stores!  I love it when people say, 'oh I love your urns!'  And I proudly say, I GOT THEM AT FRED'S!  I'm not too proud to tell you how cheap a price I paid for something!

~If you had to choose one famous person to become your blog's next devoted reader, who would you pick?
Hmmmm....I dont' know if I could pick one...so I'll pick 3:
Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman
Sarah, Thrifty Decor Chick
The Nester

~What's the funniest comment you've ever received on a blog post?
I'm not sure!  I was embarrassed by a comment from a friend a couple of weeks ago.  I wrote that her baby was born in January, but he was really born in November.  She wasn't mad.  She thought it was funny.  But I felt stupid :)  luv u Carla!

Anyhoo, that's me! Have a great night!  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving this party! What a beautiful job you did on your parents kitchen! You have your hands full with the ages of your kids, teenager to toddlers...ouch! Yeah, Ernesto didn't want to tell you how easy it is to do what he did to the cabinets...other wise you might not of paid him the big bucks :) I learned all my secrets from the people who did work on my own home, so I call myself, jack of all trades master of none :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judith! I love the honesty I find in other people's blogs too. I have fallen in love with thrifting and repurposing since I started blogging too! So nice to *meet* you. Thanks so much for linking up with me at the party. I hope you're having fun "mingling." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love thrift stores and leaving from the store with a find is a natural high!

    I love the black and white photos of your kids

    Serenity Now

    I'LL BE BACK

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party - there are so many new blogs and I love how awesome people seem to be.

    ReplyDelete