Friday, April 16, 2010

Telephone Table Re-do

As part of the WYWO kitchen renovation we did for my in-laws, I refinished a telephone table for them.

In the old kitchen, the telephone desk was a floating shelf from the wall.  But of course it was torn out, and a new table was picked up by Tammy at our favorite Antique Gallery for only $30! 

Here is a before of the table...It's so cute!


My sis-in-law Vickie liked how I did the dresser, so I used the same paint/glaze mixture from that project.  It's 1 part black satin paint, and 3 parts clear glaze.

Here it is after the 1st coat, which is the scariest part, because I always think it's not going to turn out right, because it's such a thin layer...(I believe that was a run-on sentence)

And here is the after!  I used two coats on the legs, and 3 coats on the top of the desk.  And a coat of poly over it all.  Easy peasy.


We attached it to the wall to it would be secure.

LOVE IT! SO CUTE! SO EASY!
NOW GO PAINT SOMETHING!

3 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on this this telephone table. Looks great in that spot too! Thanks for visiting today!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Judith...but Mom likes the table SOOO much, she now wants you to do the chair, also. :-) When you have time, of course! LOL! Vic

    ReplyDelete