Monday, April 19, 2010

Thrifty Treasures

Happy Monday! 




And Nifty Thrifty Treasures at Coastal Charm held every Tuesday!  (I can't believe I'm actually early for this one!)


I have wanted to join this party for a couple of months now, but Mondays seem to sneak up on me.  But not today!

Although I haven't taken pictures of all my recent finds, I thought I would share my most recent score.  I'll save my other little things for next week.


I've been on the lookout for something to transform into a kitchen island.  I found this base cabinet at the salvation army. 



It was priced at 47.99, with 25% off sticker.  Then I saw a sign that said furniture is 1/2 off if the date is past 30 days.  The manager said, no, not ALL furniture is 50% off.  Items over 30 days old are ELIGIBLE to be 50% off.  I smiled sweetly, batted my eyelashes, and said, well, can we talk about it?  (smile, bat, bat, bat)  He said, OK!  Since you have a nice smile!  Woo hoo!!!  So I got this baby for $24! 

It's 36 inches tall, and about 12 inches in depth.  It's banged up a little.  It just needs some TLC and a coat of paint.  And of course, I have a vision for this beyond a coat of paint.


If my vision doesn't turn out, then for $24 it will be worth it to sit in the garage and store some of my junk accessories.

So stay tuned!

Have a great rest of the week!  Happy Thrifting!












7 comments:

  1. What a great deal at $24...I think you have an awesome idea here for a kitchen island! Come over to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY to show her off...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so wondering what you are gonna do with this. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, good for you. I think that will make a great island & extra storage is always a plus. Hope you do get to stop by the Lovelady Thrift! Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and I love the price! WOW! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you turn this into, make sure you link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you came to my PAR-TAY...hope you had a good time:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know one thing you are going to do with it.....you have been planning this a LONG time.... I remember an earlier post. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete