Friday, May 28, 2010

15, 3.5, 2

We had family pics taken a couple of weeks ago.  My friend Tracy from Juniper Tree Photography hosted our session. 

I realized I haven't posted much on the kids lately. They are really growing too fast!  

The Teenager just finished his freshman year. It went by so quick.  Tyler is a good kid. He gets up at 5am everyday, and is at the bus stop by 6am. We never hear him. And he has only overslept a couple of times this year. His grades are awesome, and he was inducted into the Beta club last week.  I was one proud step-monster!


Now don't get me wrong, he is a teenager. So sometimes the attitude needs adjusting, and sometimes I think the next 3 years are going to be long ones...but he is truly a good kid (knock on wood), and we love him, and are so very proud of him.

T is involved in theatre, and was one of a few freshmen chosen to be in the spring musical Guys and Dolls. He played several parts, as a Gambler, and a Waiter, and in the beginning/ending scenes he was a Navy guy (what a cutie!!)  He did awesome, and we are so very proud of him!



Sometimes putting into words the funny things that the little ones do or say, and how much they are really growing and learning is too hard.  They never cease to amaze me. Most of the time, me and the hubby just look at each other and say, did you just hear that?

Oh the Princess Meredith!  Her vocabulary is ever-evolving.  Last week she said, 'Look Mom, here's the deal..' (with her hand on her hip).  I'm like, who are you?  And what have you done with my little girl??


She was still in her crib up until a couple of months ago.  I vowed to keep her in that crib until she climbed out.  The day after she climbed out, we took the crib down, and put up the daybed.  Bittersweet.  A rite of passage from baby to little girl, that I have prolonged as long as I could.

(But ya'll know what that means, right?  PROJECT!  I got her a new quilt set from Tarjay, and some new curtains.  But I've got to figure out some storage solutions, and furniture arrangement.  And the hutch is a dark cherry, the daybed is a honey oak, and her nightstand is white.  I've got to get some cohesion in there!)

But the best part about the new bed is that there is room for me!  Now I get to cuddle with her, and sleep with her if she wakes up at night.  She is my cuddler.  We like to give nose kisses, and butterfly kisses at night. 

I think we are through with pacis.  Yes, she is 3.5 and still has had a paci--at night.  But brother has one, so it was hard to wean one, with 50 pacis still hanging around.  But we seem to have lost all of them.  We're going on our 2nd week without one.  She has asked for one a couple of times, but I tell her that we lost them, and that seems to pacify her.  (no pun intended :)

Meredith is a smart one.  Always has been.  She still loves school.  Everyday she tells me that her, Sarah, and Madelynn are going to have a slumber party.  It's funny how girls start making plans like this at age 3. 

We're pretty much potty-trained.  But she wears pull-ups at night.

Our mornings consist of fighting over outfits and me hurting her when I brush her hair.  But she did get a cute haircut, and our hairbrush fights have decreased significantly :)

The Moose is a funny little boy.  The past 6 months have been that really fun phase with him.  He learns more words everyday, and his sense of humor is ever-evolving.  His favorite thing to do is to kick his legs out and just land on his butt.  It's quite funny.  And his favorite word is NO!  It was cute for a minute...but sometimes it's not cute :)  He loves Thomas the Train, and of course Toy Story!


He can count to 20, and knows his colors and shapes.  He loves books, and loves to be read to.  But he is all boy...and to catch him in the right setting to recite his letters and numbers is hard, and doesn't happen often.  So different than a girl!

He will be 2 in a few weeks.  That I cannot believe.  For a little bit, he would say, 'I love you Mom.' (instead of Mommy)  He sounded like such a little boy--not a baby.  But now he's saying mommy again.  (thanks goodness!) 

He is all boy for sure...not a week goes by without an incident report from the pre-school.  Don't worry--nothing major.  Mostly busted lips, busted knees, and scratches that happen when he runs and falls.  But his teachers say that he just gets up and keeps going--the boy doesn't cry.  He wants nothing to do with ice.  For a while I thought he had that thing where he doesn't feel pain (like Tony Dungy's son?)  because he's so tough!  

His teachers are Miss Chelsea and Miss Brittni.  He loves them.  I'll ask him what he learned at school, and he'll say, Chelsea!  No Will, what letter did you learn today??  Brittni!  The little ladies man!

The boy can eat.  I dread my grocery bill in the near future.  He's always thinking about his next meal, or snack.   He comes by that honestly.  He gets that from his mom.  :)

The kids keep us busy...but we are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog and love it! I will never forget the night we were playing that game at Joey Coscia's house, and how we all laughed until I thought Meredith was going to pop out! That was one of my favorite times ever! Your kids are so cute...I keep updated through your mom and now this! I have a blog too, if you want to take a lil look-see. Love!!

    ReplyDelete