Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello out there! Can a girl get some help with a paint color?!

I've come to realize that I love to change out accessories and fabric too much to be tied to a color on the wall. That is why I'm changing my Asian Jute throughout my house, to a neutral taupe/tan, so it won't be a big deal to switch out mis-treatments. I have been in a gold/red/green/black/brown phase for a few years now, and it's time to change it up a little.





funny, huh? 



I'm not committed to any of these colors yet.  Unfortuantely, I can't tell you what they are.  I know I should probably paint posterboard...yada, yada, yada...

But seriously, is it that hard?  The guy at Sherwin Williams said a lady bought over 40 samples.  Um, at 5 bucks a sample, that's a pretty expensive decision making process. I'm up to 6 samples.

Help a sister out.  What neutral colors do you recommend??

The lighting is so different in each room it's driving me nuts.  I want something neutral--not too brown, not too taupe.  But with limited green and gold undertones.  A color that looks good during the day, and at night.  Does such a color exist?

Just for the record, I'm not obsessing, even though it may look like it.  These swatches have been up on my walls for months.  Even with company over.  Some days I think about it, some days I don't.  Ain't no shame in my game.  But with 20' celings, I've got to get it right the first time.

I can live with the swatches for only so long.  But I'm at a point. 

Sister girl needs some help.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't picking paint so hard ! What color are your floors ? BM Monroe Bisque is a nice yellowy beige. Good luck finding just the right one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of great neutrals but narrowing them down to find just the right one is not easy. If you are still struggling, you might want to stop by our Experts Exchange on Facebook where we have a panel of nearly 60 designers, painters and other color experts who are eager to help. Just post your question in the forum or let us know how we can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Gobi Desert...you will love it! Neutrals are hard to pick out. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. try this site for benjamin moore (i've used the link for the beige/taupe tones for you) - and good luck.

    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_br=1&_pageLabel=fh_home&np=public_site/articles/application_article/app_personal_color_viewer&gclid=CNCDrb_v6KECFRhZbQodtB9qIg

    ReplyDelete