Monday, June 28, 2010

Dining Room Makeover (in-process)

The dining room has been on my radar for a while now.  But I have been trying to keep focused on the kitchen....but I got side-tracked last week :)  It's not quite 'finished', but some small changes have made a big impact.

Here are some pics of the DR before I started...(and yes...still using hubby's camera...sorry about the date stamps..no patience to crop those out tonight)


View from the den into the dining room
(yes, Wriggly sleeps in here--see bottom right)

Please ignore the light fixture...just trying to see what the white shade would look like...I ususally have black shades on it..


I bought this fabric not too long ago from Hancock's. 
It was on sale for $5/yard.
These are probably the 7th pair of window treatments in this room in 5 years. 
No lie.
Again...Nester's Fold & Poof Method..no sew, no fuss.

View from the kitchen...
the DR is my catch-all room. 
And this looks pretty good compared to some days :)


I painted the walls 'Latte' from Sherwin Williams.  There is a story behind this color.  A story that will have to have a separate post.

I loved the red under the chair rail up until a few months ago.  After seeing TDC doing the molding boxes, I knew that is what I wanted to do, and what needed to be done first.

Good-bye red!
(It really is the perfect red.  Can't remember color name, but will check the garage later)


I used Home Depot's Paint + Primer In One (semi-gloss) to cover the red.  It took 2 coats.  But with such a small area to paint under the chair-rail, it took only a few minutes.  And it goes on like BUTTA!




And...AFTER

I feel like I can breathe!  So fresh and light!

Just wanted to share a little peek...not quite done...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Looks gorgeous so far. Love the boxes!! Can't wait to see the full reveal.

    ReplyDelete