Saturday, June 12, 2010

Easy Window Treatments

I have never touched a sewing machine, and can't even 'darn' a sock, or sew on a button. (the hubby 'darns' his work socks when he wears a hole in them...it's so cute. and he can sew on a button, too. how did I get so lucky??) I can't sew. I can't even cut fabric right with a pattern. But I can make anything with some fabric glue! oh yeah.

If you follow the Nester, then you have seen her window mis-treatments. I have been mistreating my windows for several years now, but didn't know there was a term for it. I always rigged them up. But I like the sound of Window Mis-treatments much better. Thrifty Decor Chick mistreats, too. Those two girls complete me.

I know ya'll will be so glad when I talk about something other than my Lipstick Kitchen.  I'm almost done...so bear with me another week or so.

I told you about the new fabric I bought for the kitchen mis-treatments.  I knew I didn't want anything fancy or complicated...just panels on each side of the two windows.

When I do panels, I like to use 3 yards for each panel.  I like them long enough to puddle on the floor, and three yards gives you enough if you want to use the Fold, Clip,  &amp Poof method

Even though the fabric was $12/yard, we were talking about $144, and I didn't want to part with that much moo-la.  And after thinking about it for a minute, I really didn't have the space for a full 54" wide panel on each side of the 2 windows.

So I ordered 7 yards so I knew I would have enough to work with, plus have extra on hand, and I would cut the 54" width in half.

Three steps in the Fold, Clip and Poof mistreatment method:

1. Cut 3 yards

2. Cut width in half


3. Fold, clip, and Poof!


oh wait, is that 5 steps?  Whatever!


I love it when a plan comes together. 

PS...I got my countertops this morning!!

Linking to:

Photobucket



UndertheTableandDreaming

The Girl Creative

All Thingz Related

15 comments:

  1. love, love, love the fabric! your kitch is really coming together. i think i should come to see it in person - that's a good excuse for a roadtrip, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric maybe I missed it but where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is wonderful! Makes me think Scandinavian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the fabric? I am in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric too! It is perfect with the paint color, the perfect was to accessorize the room. Please link this up to Sister Sister Sunday if you can.

    Thanks!
    Amanda
    http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/2010/06/whats-in-your-closet.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Fabric! What a quick and easy way to get a fantastic window treatment! TFS! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judith! I'll be featuring your window treatments tomorrow. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks again for linking up to The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that fabric!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related No.11!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore the fabric you found and love it with the glass vases/pitcher you have in the corner. I love to see this linked up with Fabric Fun Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "mistreatment" Tee-hee!


    I gave you and award :)

    check out my blog

    foundintheali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabric, the colors are so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! Keep doing it! This is suitable for small windows that are used less frequently. Window treatment ideas based on the issues of the country can be quite exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok... great tutorial and yeah, love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, the fabric's sophisticated! It's normal to experience window mis-treatments sometimes. What matters is that you still get to do the perfect window treatment for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog Post we are offering best services for cheap, modern, beautiful and affordable window treatments services in phoenix, Arizona, USA. Visit here best, modern, affordable, beautiful window treatments services in in phoenix valley, USA

    ReplyDelete