Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, & Happy Mother's Day to ME!

(singing)  All I want for Christmas is a Lowe's gift card!

You're probably thinking, huh?  what?  It's June.

Well, back in December, when the fam asked for gift ideas, I told my family that all I wanted for Christmas was a Lowe's gift card.  And being that my birthday is 2 days before christmas, I also wanted Lowe's GCs for my birthday, too!

Oh wow!  Another one! 

And another one!  I'm soooo surprised!!  (wink, wink)

But I cashed in those suckers this week for this!

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER


It's the builder grade 'granite' laminate right off the floor from Lowe's.  The color is Black Labrador.  I bought (2) 8' pieces for $84/each, and (1) 4' piece for $44.  My SIL is a builder and gave me her countertop guy's info.  He took out the old, cut and installed the new for $150. 

Total cost = $383

The old original builder laminate countertop was put in our house in '88.  I figure this will last us until another 22 years, or until we win the lotto.

NEXT & LAST STEP = BACKSPLASH!



Linking up to:



Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch


No comments:

Post a Comment