Thursday, June 10, 2010

I had a vision of love

When I first started this kitchen update, I had a french-country vision in my head. 

I loved the black floral fabric I have had in the kitchen since shortly after we moved in.


And I knew I wanted a green kitchen, and the black floral would go well.  Along with the cream/glazed cabinets.  And it was my intention to keep it because I did love it so.

Until I saw this and heard Mariah Carey the angels sing.
Wilmington-Covington-Multi

Just looking at this picture of my fabric makes me happy.  I love everything about it.  The print, the lightness, the reds, the greens, the blues.  I love everything about it.

My favorite fabric store carries it.  But they only had a few yards left.  The sales lady said, well, you might can find it online, and mumbled something about fabricfinder.com.  And she acted like she didn't want to tell me the manufacturer, when the manufacturer is printed ON the edge of the fabric!! Hello lady!  Duh!  Even if Fabric Finder wasn't on my list of faves, I'm the girl who googles EVERYTHING!  And how can I be taking your sale, when you don't have the fabric anyway and you're not going to re-order it???

I digress.


I went to Fabric Finder and found it, of course.  Since I know I'm a compulsive shopper, I still didn't want to buy it.  FF listed it at 19.99/yard.  A little much, but I did love it so.  For months I would go to the website and visit my new love, but I just couldn't bear to part with my money, either.

But one day I googled 'Wilmington Covington' and found another fabric website. Onlinefabricstore.net  How did I miss this?

They had my fabric at $12/yard!  SCORE!!!   I love it when a plan comes together!!!  It's supposed to be delivered today!  Stay tuned!






4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I found your Blog through another -
    So glad I did :)!
    I love your quote that you have as your Header by Thomas.
    You have a lovely Blog.

    Blessing to you and have a wonderful weekend -
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know where you found this fabric, I LOVE it!!!!

    I have this polka dot fabric on some pillows in my house and I have been looking ALL over for a coordinating fabric.http://www.lsfabrics.com/fabric_catalog.php?pid=10614

    Yeah!
    Alison of themoderncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been searching for more of the black French Country curtains you posted back in 2010. Do you know the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm an interior designer and have a client who has fallen in love with the black floral fabric above. Could you possibly tell me the manufacturer, and/or where I might find it? I think you mentioned it is fabric you already had up in your house.

    Thanks so much!!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete