Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My First Masterpiece

Hey friends!!  Wowza!  I can't believe how busy the weeks have been and how long it's been since my last post!

I have been busy with lots of projects around the house!  So I've got lots of blog posts coming! 

Last weekend we celebrated the Moose's 2nd birthday and Father's day!  It was crazy getting ready for the birthday party and getting my house ready for Father's day!  It seems like it takes 10x longer to clean with these toddlers running around!

This week we have nothing on the calendar!  I can't believe it...but I'm getting ready to have a yard sale on Saturday...so no rest for the weary!

Ok..so I just lied.  I had one thing on the calendar.  A GNO Paint Party!  It was so much fun! 

Lisa from GoGirlArt has these paint parties at a local restaurant at night.  When you walk in, you are greeted with tables of  blank canvases and aprons.


Very scary!  I can paint walls all day long.  But a canvas?  No way!  But the cool part is that Lisa shows you what to do, step by step.  She does different paintings every month...from zinnias, to churches, to pears, etc.  Her classes fill up FAST!  There is a limit of 40 girls per party.  But my friend Stephanie booked a private party to paint the Red Zinnia.

It's very elementary. Lisa is very encouraging.  You start out by drawing a circle in the bottom right hand corner.  Then draw your petals.  Lisa tells you what colors to use, and what techniques are best every step of the way.


I think at this point I let go. 
I let go of the need to make it just right, or just so. 
I let go of the need to be in control.

I kept thinking to myself, It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!!  (sound familiar?)

Some progress...


And VOILA!

Lisa tells you to pick your painting up and turn it all different ways...
Could you tell I flipped mine?

(disclaimer:  long day at work, went straight to party. 
why didn't someone tell me to put some blush and gloss on?)

Some of the party girls!

But I couldn't leave mine alone...I added some turquoise...


I have been saving a space for this in my kitchen...
What do you think?




I'm officially addicted. 
Addicted to the feeling of sense of accomplishment. 
Isn't that what we all strive for?
To feel like we have accomplished SOMETHING during the course of our days?

Be it at work, or at home...It feels good to be proud and say
Look what I did!!

This painting represents what this blog is all about...
creating balance in my life.

The hard balance of keeping everything together..work, kids, hubby, etc...
to just carefree, letting it go, and being creative!

Can't wait to sign up for more classes! 
And who knows..
I might just take a gander down the canvas aisle by myself at Hobby Lobby!

Linking to:

The Girl Creative
Keeping It Simple


All Thingz Related

9 comments:

  1. I think yours turned out the best. What a fun class. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from one canvas girl to another - hooray for you. it looks amazing. and the turquoise was the perfect addition. rock on, juju!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks FABULOUS in your kitchen!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did such a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am impressed!! What a fun and rewarding project to complete! Great job and I love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way it turned out! So bright and cheery! The paint party sounds fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job!
    Thanks for joining us @ Anything Related!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the painting!! You did a GREAT job. Looks so good in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete