Tuesday, July 27, 2010

60-cent Candle Makeover

In trying to change up some color schemes around the house, I have found that my candles don't quite fit.  Most of my candles are either red, green, or white.  I don't like to spend a lot on candles, and here lately, I just haven't felt like buying new ones even when they were on sale.

I saw the idea on blog-land somewhere...I don't remember where now...about covering your candles with scrapbook paper.  Who doesn't love a 60-cent make-over?

Before


After



Cut paper to candle length, and wrap. 
I used an Elmer's glue stick laying around for the edge.
 Then tied some burlap around it. 
Ca-ute!

Easy fix on the cheap!



Linking to:
The Girl Creative

All Thingz Related

4 comments:

  1. How cute is that!?! You did a great job, Judith! I love that paper - and tying the burlap around!?! GENIUS! I just love it! :

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!
    I must sign up to follow, so I can see more!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We appreciate you joining us this week at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those look great!! Thanks for the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete