Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Favorite Nanner Puddin

On Sunday evening we headed over to my parent's house for another cookout and mom told me to bring the banana pudding.  My dad loves banana pudding.  He once won a banana creme pie eating contest at a church 4th of July picnic when I was little!  I remember being so proud afterwards!  And he remembers being so sick afterwards!

I botched the recipe on Father's day.  I have made this recipe several times.  But instead of instant pudding I used regular pudding (the kind you have to cook) without realizing it.  I couldn't understand why it was so runny!?  So I got to have a re-do this weekend.

Here is the recipe I like to use from a church cookbook.  Aren't those the best cookbooks?




This recipe is so light and sooo good!  I'm not a fan of a cooked banana pudding with meringue, and this recipe is meringue-free.  A couple of things about the recipe: I just use regular Nilla Wafers.  I've never seen the cinnamon kind.  But a layer of Nutter Butters would be good, too!  And I use (2) 8oz. tubs of cool whip, because I am a cool whip addict.  One for the filling mixture, and one for the top layer.

I had a little helper in the kitchen this time.  This is a great recipe for little ones to help!





There are a couple of reasons I like to make this...one, of course, is because my daddy likes it.  But the other reason is that one year my Nana said, 'Judith, I believe I like your recipe better than mine!'.  Talk about a proud moment!  My Nana...who had made hundreds of batches of her banana pudding...liked mine better than hers?  What a compliment!

And oh yeah...the Moose loved it, too.  This boy is a banana freak!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a great sous chef! I hope she's feeling better...we've missed her!

    ReplyDelete