Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Incomplete

Did you ever get an 'I' in school.  INCOMPLETE.   Sounds so harsh.  What happened to an 'A' for Effort?

But that is what my life in projects is around here these past few weeks--INCOMPLETE.  I have several 'drafts' about these projects waiting to be finished.  But I'm scared it's going to be a while. 

So let me just show you a few of my INCOMPLETE projects...The sad part..is that there is more I'm not showing you.

TDC made these awesome Pottery Barn-copy topiary balls.  Here is mine waiting to be finished.  I guess the rest of Memphis reads her blog, b/c I have been back to Hob Lob 4x to get more of these bushes...and all 4 times...NADA.  sigh.



Have ya'll seen the magnetic menu boards?  Yes...awesome idea.  Here is ours..Not quite complete, but it's functional.  (bleh..ya'll know I HATE that word)  And it has really helped with the grocery shopping and not over-buying.  I did find an alternative solution yesterday, but I didn't buy it.  After seeing this sad attempt in a picture, I will be going back to the store to purchase it.



I've also been working on these thrift store metal trays for hmmm...about 3 months....can't quite get it together.




Oh..and the infamous Lipstick Kitchen to be finished by June 5?  Um, yeah.  Still no backsplash (I have it...just haven't put it up), and no trim around the cabs yet..




Bathroom makeover...I painted the bathroom vanity...but haven't installed the hardware.  I hope I can still find it.  Still need to cover that ugly-A tile (ahem) finish the floor solution.



My dining room makeover...well, to say the dining room table is a catch-all is an understatement of the century.  double sigh.  It's like a freakin-magnet!

Anyhoo...I know I'm not the only one...It's easy to say I could pick one thing and finish it, but what's the fun in that?!  Maybe if I didn't watch the Bachelor Pad and Dating in the Dark tonite managed my time more wisely, I could have been more productive. 

Whatev.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm here...just been lurking...planning...stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Great projects, you've been busy! I've been sprucing up some old trays myself lately. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Oh, and you should get a quilt rack for sure, liberate those great quilts from the attic!
    --Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhh Bachelor Pad - DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!!!!!!!! I love the menu board - I must hear more about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you have so many projects going....I used to be like that. Never ever enough time to do all we want to do. I love the ideas you have started. The kitchen cabinets have turned out GREAT! Love the dining room! Can't wait to see what is next. Thanks for sharing your craftiness. :)

    ReplyDelete