Monday, September 20, 2010

Why I Work--Happy Monday

There are weeks when I struggle as a mom who works outside the home.  I have to work to pay bills and support my goodwill habit.  But there are days when I miss my kids.  But then there are those moments when I know they are in a good place, and learning waaaay more than they would with me.

The other night Meredith sang 'My Country tis of Thee'.  Me and hubby listened from the kitchen with our jaw on the floor.  I don't know if that is 'normal' for a 3.5 year-old, but to me, it was incredible.

Because if she were with me, she would be singing songs like this little girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbbG88nIwY

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Cute story. I work to grocery shop and buy crafts and pay bills and..... Your reason is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great mom! I love Meredith...she's too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete