Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 Decorating Bucket List

I've always got plans in my head about my next project, and what changes (big and small) I want to make around the house.  So I thought I would share my decorating bucket list for 2011 (in no particular order)---and pray that hubby does not stroke-out when he reads this. 


The Teenager's Room
This is first on the list.  Santa brought him some new bedding and new posters.  We'll paint the room a darker brown tone, and  paint his dresser and desk, too.

Dining Room: New table/chairs/buffet or sideboard---And when I say new, I mean 'new to me'.  I made the mistake of surfing craigslist this morning and finding a round table for only $115, a set of 6 chairs for $100, and a buffet/sideboard for only $150.  They all need some rehab and TLC....you know, a coat of black paint!  My current dining set is fine.  It's functional.  But to me, it's a little too big, and too contemporary for my taste.  It was a compulsive buy when we moved in.

Den/Living Room:
New Paint
Molding Boxes below chair rail
New couch (momma needs a brown couch to hide the fact toddlers live here!)
Paint desk/hutch (currently stored in attic) for den
Downsize double bookcase
Photo Walls

Master Bedroom/Master Bath:
Everything!
PAINT!  (This is the only room in the house that has not been painted since we moved in)
Paint vanity cabinets
Frame bathroom mirror
New light fixtures
I've already got the new bedding...
New window treatments

Guest Bath
Finish cabinets (poly + hardware)
New floor
Frame mirror

The Moose's room
New Paint
Paint furniture
Board and Batten??
Rug
Organization!

The Princess' Room
Just needs a rug, some organization, and some re-arrangement of furniture.

ManLand
I try not to touch ManLand...BUT hubby did mention that he would like some bookshelves.  We have this funky built-in bench type thing along one of the walls that the tv is sitting on.  And it's a place where stuff lands.  So bookshelves on both sides of the tv will be a great addition!  I have an idea of what we can do (inexpensively) so we'll see how that goes.

Wowza.  Eight rooms.  Should make for some good blog fodder for 2011.

And the reality of all this being completed in 2011 is questionable based on my history of finishing projects.  But one of my goals is to focus on one room at a time--so hopefully I can get more things accomplished. (I'm laughing on the inside as I type this)  We shall see :)

Thanks for following!  I hope everyone has a great new year!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget to alert me when you have a garage sale! That needs to be on your goal list! Love your decor skills!
    Holly Greer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are some lofty goals...go get 'em! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight rooms, WOW!!! This will be great to watch!!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete