Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meredith is 4!

Meredith turned 4!

Here are a few pics from her party (4 weeks ago:)  I did get a little domestic and make chocolate-covered pretzel rods (with the help of my wonderful sister!)  Instead of giving out treat bags with leftover halloween candy and toys, I thought that the pretzel rods would be cheaper better.  I saw where DecorChick had done this for her little girls 1st birthday.  It was so easy!





We had cupcakes!  And I bought cupcake toppers from Blissful Nest's Etsy Shop.  I actually bought the DIY printables, and cut them out, and glued them to the sticks myself.  Of course I was trying to save a few pennies, and it would have been just as well to buy them already made :)  But I like to punish myself for no reason...what else is new...  The thank-you tags on the pretzel bags are from Blissful Nest, too.



(who knew glass hurricanes could make halloween candy look cute!?)

The original plan was to have the party at the pumpkin patch like last year.  But it rained, so we had everyone over to the house.  (enter freak-out mode)  I hadn't planned to entertain the school kids + family at the house!  But my sister Melody came to the rescue! 

She took charge of the craft...the girls decorated their own crown, and the boys could decorate a visor.  The kids loved it!

Ella & the birthday Girl

I swear Melody was a lifesaver that weekend.  It was like having my own stay-at-home wife!  She grocery shopped & ran errands for me while I was at work.  Thank you Mel!!!

Meredith loves to paint, draw and write...She can write her own name.  She loves to write her letters and words...the girl amazes me everyday.  Here is her christmas list.  I hope Santa can figure this out! 


And she loves to decorate!   Lord I have created a monster.  More pics to come on that!

I will leave you with a few shots of her 4 year pics, courteousy of Southern Style Photography.


We love you Mere Bear!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun day!
    i adore the letter to santa. that is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a blast at the party as well as helping prepare. And I think you're a more wonderful sister! XOXOXO - Mel

    ReplyDelete