Friday, January 7, 2011

Can I have another wedding shower please?


I think that every married girl should have a wedding shower every 5 years--for new sheets, new towels, new utensils, new pillows, etc, etc... 

I don't know why I hate spending money for those things.  Because what I have is functional, and doesn't HAVE to be pretty, I guess.  (Well, except new sheets. I love sheets. And clean sheet day!)

But what about your potholders?  Have you looked at those lately?  And your kitchen towels?  I was starting to get embarrassed when company saw my potholders.  I promise I wash them!!  ugh.  They weren't even worthy of a before pic.

 I finally bit the bullet and got myself a 8 year wedding gift...


New towels from BedBath & Beyond, and new potholders from Walmart ($2.50 for a set of 2).  The measuring cups were on clearance for 99 cents at BB&B...go get you some!


I guess I haven't shopped for these things in a while.  Did you know ONE potholder can run up to $8 at BB&B?  Seriously?  I don't need a high-tech pot holder.  Even with a 20% coupon it just doesn't make sense to me.

All that potholder shopping got me reminiscing...Did you ever make potholders when you were in grade school?  I thought about all the potholders we used to make for shut-ins at church.  We could have made a fortune!










1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, my household stuff wears out about every couple of years. I am in total need of a wedding shower right now!

    ReplyDelete