The backsplash is DONE! (It's only been 7 months since I bought the tiles!!)
When we moved into the house, the tile backsplash was an ivory with fruit tiles randomly placed. (sorry for the old photo)
It was easy to work with...easy to cut with regular scissors...and most importantly, VERY FORGIVING for this ADD girl.
I didn't even use liquid nails...When I went back for a couple more tiles, they had some double sided adhesive tape with the trim and outlet pieces, so I grabbed a couple of rolls.
It works great so far. I'm sure I'll put more permanent hold on it at some point down the line. But right now, it's working great.
The matching outlet covers are $10 each. Um, no thanks. I spray painted our cream outlet covers with a stainless steel color spray paint. After it dried, then I sprayed them with a coat of gloss enamel. Buying the outlet covers would have cost me $70 extra dollars. But both cans of paint together were less than $10. Duh!
I'm so thrilled with the results! Goodbye tile squares! Here are more before and afters...
I'll hang something above the sink soon...and in true Judith fashion, it's not quite finished...this dang cabinet trim work is going to be the death of me!