Friday, January 7, 2011

Lipstick Kitchen Reveal

Lawd, Lawd!  What a year!  2010 was definitely the year of the kitchen.  It has been a slow process, but I'm excited to show the whole thing off.  Thank you for following me through this journey!  I promise to spare you this year and keep my kitchen posts to a minimum :)

This lipstick plan came about because I wanted to make some cosmetic changes to the kitchen, but not spend a fortune.  My estimated cost for all the changes came to about $1500 (I'm rounding up) spread throughout the year.

Paint $60
Cabinets $100
Floor $200
Window Treatment fabric $70
Bamboo Roman Shades $160
Countertops $380
Backsplash $260
Island $200

Approx total = $1430
 
If you want a re-cap, here are some highlights...

The Original Lipstick Plan

I Painted the Kitchen




Painted/Antiqued Kitchen Cabinets with beadboard wallpaper--
I wrote about them here, here, here, and here, along with a tutorial.









The Window Treatments


The Countertops



I Painted the Kitchen--AGAIN


The Backsplash


The Kitchen Island


Now...Put it all together, and what do you have?  LOTS OF PICS OF COURSE!

Here is the original 1988 kitchen--a blank slate when we moved in.



And here it is now...














Whew!  Hopefully I can tackle the small things left undone in the next few months--a new fan/light, barstools, cabinet trim, etc..etc..But for now, I'm tired content.

And by the way--my kitchen hardly ever looks like this...I threw all the clutter on the dining room floor so I could take pics...  :)  Just keepin it real folks!




Linking up to:

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!


Photobucket

UndertheTableandDreaming 
Keeping It Simple
The DIY Show Off
Anything Related 




Domestically Speaking
 
<P></P>
<P><BR></P>
<P>http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Wallet-Friendly Wednesday


Photobucket
 


27 comments:

  1. so proud you have banished the 1988 kitchen. good job, jude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your window treatments-that fabric is gorgeous with the rattan blinds. I did a similar look in my dining room. You backsplash is to die for! Great makeovers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen face-lift turned out great! What a difference!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, I really like your currents. Thanks for the follow btw. Have a fabulous weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! You should be proud of yourself!

    I love the fabric for your treatments...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great...I am all for lipstick treatments and making what we have better! You did a great job! LOVE the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so wonderful. You did a great job. Love your blog and the title is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is a minor element but I'm in love with the fabric you used for the curtains -- where did you get it!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your new kitchen and LOVE the fabric for the curtains. way to go

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your kitchen looks fabulous! I love it all and the little touches of red. The fabric you used for your curtains is wonderful! :) You did a fantastic job!
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful kitchen. i really want white cupboards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great transformation! Love the backsplash and the window treatments! I'm thinking my kitchen could use some of your lipstick. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful new kitchen and I love the back splash, really makes the kitchen shine! Have a great day, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a transformation! I want to paint my cabinets, but they are only 2 years old. I also have looked at that same backsplach idea, now you have given me confidence (to show my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So amazing...I love the colors(both times), the accesories, the fabric...You really transformed that room! I also really LOVE how real you are I do that all the time lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful facelift! I love that you used a piece of furniture for your island! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stopping by from the paint party!! I just love how this turned out! Isn't it amazing what you can do with paint and hard work? I just did my kitchen pretty much with just paint and some textured wallpaper. I just smile when I walk in mine! I am sure you feel the same way in your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's beautiful! glad to know i'm not the only one that paints and then re-paints a room. good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a beautiful job! It looks wonderful! You so could have pulled off the green though. It went perfect with your curtains. I am like that too though. I always second guess and change colors!;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! I kept scrolling up to look at the 'before' pics because it's hard to believe how you transformed it! Loads of work, I bet. But oh-so worth it!

    Would love for you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful kitchen! I love it all! Good job! Awesome budget too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a wonderful job, it all look so pretty! And you know what my favorite photo is? The last one, showing your 'stuff' on the floor! LOL! Seriously, it shows you are a 'real' person. Good for you!! Again, great job on your beautiful kitchen.
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great transformation! You kitchen looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your cabinets, hardwood floor, and window treatments, but I would have kept the green paint. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the cabinets, the counters and the FLOOR!
    thanks for keeping it real!hahaha
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO in LOVE with your kitchen re-do! It looks fabulous and I am totally in love with all the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the transformation!! It's so bright now! And those curtains are fantastic!! :)

    Isn't it amazing what painting cabinets can do for a kitchen! That was one of the first things I did in my house.

    I love that you called this a 'lipstick kitchen'!

    ReplyDelete