Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Kitchen Island

Can I tell you how excited I am about my new kitchen island?  The amount of time I have spent just THINKING and SEARCHING for just the right thing has made me mentally exhausted.

In a perfect world, my kitchen would be bigger, and I could fit a big island like this- (drooling)


But in my kitchen, I needed to find something not too big, and not too small.  And most important, not too expensive.

There are a lot of islands out there.  Even Big Lots have some decent ones for around $150-$200.

But I really wanted something where the kids could pull up a stool and hang out with me.  I orginally found a cabinet at Salvation Army for $25 that I was going to configure into an island.  Remember that?  I think my concept was good, but execution--notsogood.  It's still sitting in the same spot in the garage after I took it out of my trunk.  8. months. ago.  (but it will make a great storage cabinet in the garage)



I did find another island at goodwill for $50 one day.  I hem-hawed (is that a word?) around and didn't get it.  So when I realized I was crazy and went back for it, it was gone.  booo.  I knew better than that.

At some point I realized what I might need is a tall pub table.  That would keep the floor space open, as opposed to a block-type island.  And I found the perfect measurements in this pub table from CSNstores.com.  And it was $200.  But I didn't want to pay $200!!



So after another few months of analyzing the heck out of the dang kitchen island options, I told hubby that all I wanted for Christmas and Birthday is that table.  I'm tired of thinking about it.  (are you tired of me talking about this yet?--welcome to my little world in head)

So now the hunt is on for 2 barstools that I can paint.  We'll see how long that hunt goes.  I may resort to buying new stools and paying full-price.  (gasp!  blasphemy!  I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment