Saturday, February 26, 2011

Diary of a Working Mom {February Edition v.2}


Holy cow this month has flown by.

We started the month traveling to Atlanta for my nephew's 4th birthday!  It was a Phineas & Ferb theme, and my sister totally outdid herself with all the games and activities for the kiddos.  It was a great time.



I have a feeling we will be having a 'Rango' birthday party for the Moose in June.  Since Moose 1st saw the preview for Rango, he has talked about it non-stop.  It comes out in the theatre on March 4. 

Moose loves to watch the movie trailers on the computer.  Barnes and Noble has some Rango books.  I got him a couple for Valentine's day.  He was soooo excited.  Moose studies them everyday.  He talks about Rango all the time, and has all the characters memorized. 

W likes to act out scenes from Rango.  Here are M and W 'playing Rango'.  M wanted to put on a dress (she was Priscilla or Bean-can't remember), and W wanted to put on shorts like Rango.  Needless to say, you know where we will be on March 4.  I'll be sure to give a review ;)





And here is little girl striking a pose. 
I am so payin' for my raisin'.

 
On the other end of the spectrum, Mike and I were invited to be chaperones at one of T's friends' 16th birthday party.  It was on the Memphis Queen, crusin on the Mississippi River.  It was a lot of fun!  And I use the term 'chaperone' loosely.  They are a good group of kids.  It was fun to watch them and hang out on the river.

I guess we are lucky that T doesn't mind us being around. 
I like to think that I'm a cool step-monster. 


T & the birthday girl






Hmmm....guess we should start planning someone else's sweet 16!?  (wink, wink;)




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! I want to take my son to see Rango when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! I am SO out of the loop with "all things kids". I taught for so long (4's) that I always knew about the latest trend movie or theme. NOT anymore!
    visiting from Circle of Bliss
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fun....Moose is darling! I just love his eyes!! Sweet girl and handsome teenager! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! Thank so much for visiting:) following you too. I have 3 boys 4, 2 & 2. Love your header, gorgeous:) Hope to see you around soon!

    ReplyDelete