Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stylish blogger Award

Thank you to my new friend Lisa at A Vintage Vine for passing on a Stylish Blogger Award!


So the rules of this award is to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass this award on to 15 other great Stylish Bloggers. 

But a couple of years ago on FaceBook I made a list of 25 random things about me. 
So I will give you 7 + 18.  How about that?! 

Here we go!

*******************************************************************************************************


1. I am an optimist…an eternal cheerleader. I am positive and always look at the bright side of things. Negativity is just as contagious as being positive. You create your own world.  You have a choice.  A choice to be positive.  Or a choice to be negative.  What do you choose?

2. I can play a mean tamborine backup. 

3. When me and mom would go to the grocery store growing up, I would always look behind the check-out and see what kind of shoes the checker was wearing. Not sure why…I still do. 

4. I know all the words to baby got back, whoop there it is, boom I got your girlfriend, and many other old school rap songs.  And if I am invited to a party or reception, I will lead the train. (C'mon ride that train!)

5. I’m a Type A, but you couldn’t tell that from my car, my desk, or my bedroom and I tend to over-analyze everything.

6. I sporadically break out into a steppin routine. (college girls will understand this)

7. Hubby and I met at Dillards. He was a part-time security guard, and I worked part-time in men’s fragrance. He hung out at my counter a lot.

8.  Growing up, I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader or a back-up dancer for Tina Turner.  I also wanted to be whatever Nicolette Sheridan's character was on Knot's Landing.  I have no idea what she did, but she would go to work in a big office building and wear cute suits with short skirts.

9. My first job was at Kirkland’s.  And even at the age of 16 I only bought things on clearance, or things that were broken.  And I still gift-wrap 'the Kirkland's way'. 

10. Most people know this, but I hate clowns, especially Ronald McDonald. And wooden puppets that live in a box.  Clowns still make me want to run and cry.  Even taking the kids to Sesame Street Live was a scary experience for me.

11. I wish I had more time to make flower arrangements.

12. I want to learn how to sew—not clothes. Window treatments! But for now, fabric glue will do!

13. I have a lot of pet peeves—weak handshakes, chomping ice, popping gum, men who jingle their change in their pocket, sucking your teeth, clipping nails, whistling, chomping hard candy, singing at the dinner table, talking on your cell phone at the dinner table, talking during a movie, crinkling peppermint wrappers, etc…I could go on. I think I inherited this from my dad. And if any of these things go on in church--forget about it. I will shoot you a look. Oh--and while we are on this subject, please take your crying baby to the nursery!

14. I'm addicted to thrift stores.  I must have a 'fix' once a week even if I don't buy anything.

15. I hate to grocery shop and dust.

16. I take LOTS of pictures. I don't scrapbook, but I develop all my pictures and put them in albums chronologically. I tell hubby he will appreciate them one day.

17. I do not like feet.  Mine or yours.

18. I wish I was a morning person. I am notorious for hitting the snooze way too many times.

19. I won the spelling bee in 8th grade. Runner-up in 5th grade.

20. We lived in Birmingham, AL my sophomore year.

21. I am more confident in my body after 2 (huge) babies, than I was before kids.

22. I am an extrovert. I love to meet new people and make new friends. I am very curious of people’s professions. I like to hear what people do for a living. I guess that is the HR in me. But I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. 

23. I get star-struck when I see Joe Birch & Dave Brown (the local news anchor and weatherman for channel 5) around town. My un-attainable crush is Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs.  Sexay!

24. I am a recovering compulsive shopper. 

25. All I want is for my kids and family to make it to heaven to meet Jesus so I can decorate our mansion!

*******************************************************************************************************
So that's a little about me...now to pass this on to 15 other stylish bloggers:

7 comments:

  1. you had me laughing just about all the way through this! we are soooo much alike, it's a bit scarey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jude-
    i just love ya! i have to say - i just got the award from another blogger so i am doubly happy!!! my modem is disconnected b.c of the painting going on at our house right now {commenting at work!} so i will pass it on shortly!
    i will be back in a few days.

    btw - i saw mike rowe in atlanta last month. i love him, too. just as hot in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can not believe how much we have in common:) I received this award too, but am not sure what to share, but this gave me some ideas. Isn't it a small world when you start to find out the little things about new friends.
    Thanks for sharing with us the little things that make you, well you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great! Loved all those interesting facts.....I hate feet too! I can totally see you as a backup singer/dancer to Tina Turner...once saw her in concert...she rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An eternal cheerleader... I love it. Me too.

    I can't help but laugh at the fact that you check out the shoes of the checkout people. That's a bit random. Haha!

    Thanks for passing this on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award! Now on to keeping the chain going!

    ReplyDelete