Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Decor Inspirations (for next year)

If you have followed me for a little bit, you know that I often post about incomplete projects, and things I plan to do, but never get around to.

Sorry.  This is one of those posts.

I'm not much on decorating for holidays outside of fall and christmas.  I guess because my mom never did?  idk.  I usually think about it, then before I know it, the holiday has come and gone. 

Like this year.  I've been really inspired by everyone's Valentine's decor & crafts, but my execution skills pretty much suck here lately.  It's Friday before V-day, and not one cupid, heart, or piece of sweetheart candy is in my house.

I did print this Valentine subway art from eighteen25.  I planned to hang it behind my sink in the kitchen.  It's still sitting on the dining room table ready to be framed.  Hmmm..maybe for next year?

I love anything owls!  If you are a fellow owl lover, check out My Owl Barn.  They featured this Owl v-day card, and I had to have it.  It was $5 including shipping.

Owl Always Love You...

It's also on the dining room table ready to be framed.  Maybe for next year.

Chic on a Shoestring showed us her V-day decor.  I fell in love with that black & red heart and had to have one!  I emailed Angela at la-dee-da-designs to get dimensions and prices. 


 Petite $24 approx. 16"h x 11"w
Medium $35 approx. 22 1/2"h x 15"w
Large $42 approx. 28"h x 18 1/2"w
Large Fat $40 22 1/2"h x 22"w

Angela was super-quick to respond, but the days just get away from me, and before I know it, V-day is 3 days away.  I'll probably still order one.  For next year.

My bff Courtney is a creative genious.  (Because of her, our sorority shirts were always awesome)  Look at the little Valentine mailboxes she created for her little girl and fellow classmates. 


Then Courtney made each of them a Valentine happy from Camryn.  I mean, really.  Look how adorable these crayon hearts are!

Camryn's teachers are never left out!!


And finally, I stumbled across Never Enough Thyme.  Check out this canvas she painted.  Amazing.  And I'm not a 'heart' kind of girl, you know?   (especially heart jewelry. gag.)  But I love this!!  Love the colors and texture.  This canvas would be great year-round!

IMG_0857


(sigh)
Oh well...there is always next year...

Maybe I can get my rear in gear for St. Patrick's Day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. OMG your BFF looks as talented as mine!!! So awesome!!! How much time did all that take her? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jude! you have an entire year to get ready for next valentine's day. you can hit the sales on tuesday ;) you're just being thrifty!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh you are gonna flip when i make my reveal!! ;) teasing, i know.. sorry! but after reading this post.. i couldn't help myself!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring my Valentine Art! I truly appreciate it! Truth be told, I had the red base sitting in my studio for a while now. A few weeks ago, the love inspiration struck and this was finally born! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm finally getting around to visiting everyone in the Circle of Bliss! Better late than never is usually my motto! :-)I'm not a heart kind of gal either, but that canvas is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. I've signed on to follow!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete