Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Master Bedding

I've painted and decorated every room in our house.  Except for the the Master Bedroom.  I've been trying to analyze why this is, but I'm just not sure.

I'm pretty picky about bedding.  Most of the time I have a vision in mind, and know it when I see it.

Here is our 2nd bedding set (no pics from the 1st).  I was trying to go for the blue/brown thing...


It was a nice set from Stein Mart.   Iwish I had more pics from when the bed was actually made.  I even found matching fabric at my favorite fabric store and made some window treatments.

I got over the blue/brown thing pretty quick, and went to my comfort zone of red & green.


You can't see the comforter, but it matches the cream shams.  I got it at Kohl's.  For free.  Long story. 

Anyhoo, lately I wanted to go towards a relaxing, neutral palette.  Not so 'decorated'.  Calm.  Relaxing.  A retreat.

No pics to show, but I couldn't pull it off.  It wasn't 'me'.  You know?  It seems to work for a lot of ya'll in blogland, but not me.  Remember my style?  I'm traditional & rustic, with some romance.

I didn't know what I wanted, but I knew it would hit me when I saw it.

And I found it--at Sam's.  The whole set was $100.  The set included a comforter, bedskirt, 2 shams, plus 2 Euro shams, plus 3 throw pillows.  Talk about a good deal.  And it does NOT look cheap, or feel cheap. 

I had been holding some visa gift cards from christmas, and this was what I was waiting for.  It's called Montana.  Hello?  How rustic can you get with a style name of Montana?  Check it out:


I would have never gone for the 'rust'.  But with the blue and brown, I love it.






While planning my 'calm, relaxing retreat', I bought 2 of these fluffy SOFT white pillows from Tuesday Morning.  LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  I like how the break up the brown and rust.


We have also changed the orientation of the bed. Instead of between the 2 windows, we moved it to the far wall. It's a pretty big room anyway, but moving it to the end wall really opens up the room. Plus it's good to have a change of scenery, too, you know?


(dang flourescent bulbs!)

So you can see I've still got some work to do...picking a paint, choosing window treatments (other than the blackout liners up now :), and a couple five other projects planned for the room.  Lots to do! 

Stay tuned!




2 comments:

  1. I love the Montana set...just went online to Sam's to order one!!!

    ReplyDelete