Monday, June 6, 2011

I lost 400lbs!

Hello friends!  Yes, I'm still alive.  Thank you to my blogging friends who have checked on me.  It's been a month since posting.  I've been lurking here and there, but I've had something pre-occupying my mind.   Hopefully one day soon I will share.  I'm excited and ready, but trying to get my ducks in a row. 

Work is also sucking my mental capacity to zilch by 5pm.  So lately I've been a bum when I get home.  Seriously--a lazy bum.  I can't even tell you the last time I stopped in Goodwill. 

I was looking at my posting list, and my realized I have 11 drafts!!  Eleven!  And the majority of them are projects I have started, or am planning on starting.  I look around my house and think, I've got to get back in gear! 

After my yearly visit to the fun doctor on Thursday, (is that TMI?)  I stopped by Pier 1 on the way to work.  Oh how I love thee Pier 1!  Talk about inspiration!

I have been eyeing their chair slipcovers.  I'm not too thrilled with the price ($60), but I'm not about to attempt making my own slipcover.  I will pay for convenience when needed.  My dining room chairs aren't exactly parsons chairs, but pretty close.  So I picked up this cover to take home to see if it fits my chairs. 


Jacobean Dana Slipcover

Negative. 

Ugh!  It's so gorgeous!  My seats are about 2 inches too wide.  If I really, really loved my dining suite, I would remove the seats and improvise.  But I don't love it, and would rather get rid of the whole set altogether.  So the slipcover will be returned. 

But I do love this rug!  It's 9x6, and on sale for $350, which is about $300 above my budget.  And Pier 1 doesn't have layaway.  boo. 

Jute & Wool Floral Rug

Enough rambling...I'm sure you want to know how I lost 400lbs? 

I got rid of these suckers!


Finally!  I feel so much lighter!

I'm so excited for the replacement!  I will show you all soon!  I think I've got my decorating mojo back!

Have a great week!




2 comments:

  1. it's about dang time you got back on the blog horse. i've been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you were. I've been a lazy bum in the evenings too. Thankfully, we were able to get outside a lot this weekend since it wasn't 110 degrees.

    ReplyDelete