Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Hair

I have to say, that I think the best thing about being a girl, is being able to change our look.  Whether it's a change in nail polish, a change in clothes, or, in this case, a change of hair...it is good for our soul.  (ok, maybe not that deep, but you know what I mean)

I've been trying to grow my hair out for a few years now.  I've worn it short the majority of my 'adult' life.  (ha!)  Granted, long hair for me is a little past the shoulders.  But 've enjoyed my 'long' hair, and especially my pony-tails every other day.  (Carla is grossing out right now)  I love my dry shampoo

Growing my hair was also part of me rebelling from adulthood.  You know, that unspoken rule that women should not have long hair after 40.  (Ok...most women, not all....my sis-in-laws Vickie & Debbie are an exception.  They have great hair!)  Although I'm a few years from 40, I sometimes feel this impending doom. (no offense to those over 40)

But who am I kidding.  I'll never have hair like the girls in the Pantene commercials. 

And it was time.  You know that feeling when you decide on a change, and it has to happen RIGHT THEN!  Yeah.  I woke up one day, and it was like, the hair has to GO!  I couldn't get to the beauty shop fast enough.

I went back to my old tried and true 'do'.  The 'Inverted Stack'. 


**About the Feather:  I went to the American Heart Association's 'Girls Night Out' event, and a booth was putting feathers in everyone's hair.  When in Rome....even if the trend is so 1 year ago.  The feather is gone now :)**

So what about you, what's your favorite 'go-to' hair-do?  

4 comments:

  1. I love it! And we are so more than a few years from 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful.... love that hairstyle on you! We are so "sisters" because I do the same thing with my hair...grow it "long" which is about shoulder length, then chop it back off to my "go to style"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair.. and my daughter would go crazy for the feather! She had them in last summer.

    ReplyDelete