Monday, February 25, 2013

Memphis Blogger Meet-up

On Saturday night I attended a local Memphis blogger meet-up.  The fabulous Laura from Walking in Memphis in High Heels organized the event at the Local Gastropub on Madison.  If you are local and haven't tried this place, it is a must.  Such a fun atmosphere.  Hubby would like it, too.

Now I know I haven't been consistent, but I wanted to go for 3 reasons:

1.  I thought that attending the blogger meet-up would definitely energize me in this area.  It kinda adds a little bit of accountability to post. 
2.  My Nana taught us that you should make a new friend everyday.  Well Saturday, I made eleven new friends....make that 9.  I already knew 2.  But who is counting.
3.  I rsvp'd for the event way back in December for a to enjoy a GNO with some adult bevs.  But in the meantime, our little GameChanger happened, and well...no adult bevs for me, but definitely a fun and different GNO. 


We arrived to our table with the cutest decorations contributed by



And what's a blogger meet-up without some SWAG?! 


And something sweet...Thanks Jaime for the awesome cake!



We've "known" each other a little over a year now.  But this is only our second time hanging out together.  Our first time hanging out, I introduced her to her boyfriend.  Awwwww.

And special shout-out to Terri for sending me all these pics since my ancient 3GS doesn't have a flash. #bloggerprobs

This is Misty from Handbags & Handguns with me and Terri. 
Misty and I went to high school together.  We cheered together, and sported our denim overalls and timberlands together back in the 90's. 

see?


I ordered the Fish & Grits.  That's right.  Not fish & CHIPS. 
FISH & GRITS, y'all!
#yummo


Of course I couldn't participate in some adult bevs.  
But I did have a non-alcoholic St. Pauli's Girl.
Much better than O'Duls.  This will be stocked in my fridge for the next 6 months.
Pseudo Beer + Cupcakes = one happy mama



Here is the crew:


Front Row:
Jennifer @ Mrs. in Memphis
Jen-Marie @ Southern Belle

Back Row:
Me
Colleen @ Parties & Cardis

It was a fun night with lots of convo, and instagram posts. 
Check out #MEMBLOGS on Instagram for more pics.

Loved meeting everyone, and can't wait to hang out again!

5 comments:

  1. I am so so sad I wasn't able to make it!! I can't wait until the next get-together! Looks like an absolutely amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I wish I were there....boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, i'll love you forever for that random night at the cowboy.
    i had loads of fun.. we'll need to have another #MEMblogs get together soon!
    but i think i made everyone paranoid about their tans. #whoopsies #i'matanerxic
    thanks for the ride in luxury. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those overalls! #noshame

    Had a great time meeting everyone and seeing you! Love you JuJu!

    ReplyDelete