Prepping for doomsday...you know, when you can't read your fave blogs the way you have been used to for the past few years.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
So without further adue, the winner is precious Colleen from Parties and Cardis!
Which is kinda crazy that I received the Liebster Blog Award from Colleen this week. Thanks girl! I've been blogging for a few years now, but have never heard of a Liebster Award.
What’s a Liebster Award you ask?
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. It's also a great way to discover new blogs!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter and link back to their blog.
2. Share 11 things about yourself and answer the questions given to you.
3. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers, and provide them with questions to answer about themselves.
4. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here we go....
11 Things About Me...
1. I hate clowns. All kinds, especially Ronald McDonald.
2. I hate it when guys tuck in their shirts, but don't wear a belt. ugh.
3. I shopped thrift stores in high school, when thrifting wasn't cool.
4. I danced on stage with Sir Mix-a-Lot in college.
5. I am NOT a morning person, and I'm extra cranky without my Diet Coke in the morning.
6. I drink Peppermint White Mocha all year long.
7. My husband and I met at Dillard's Wolfchase. I worked the Men's Fragrance counter part-time. He worked Security part-time. He would watch me on the cameras. But I stalked him, too. I would come in and pretend to shop if he was working.
8. I prefer to dance on elevated surfaces.
9. I still want to be a back-up dancer for Tina Turner. I'm hoping she will come out of retirement.
10. Sometimes my kids' teeth don't get brushed everyday.
11. I'm a recovering compulsive shopper.
Questions from Colleen:
Do you have a day job and what is it? Recruiter for Methodist Healthcare...currently staffing the entire new Olive Branch hospital. Very exciting. Hence the lack of blogging lateley.
What inspired you to start blogging? IDK...started to journal for my kids. But it turned into a modality to share my love of DIY, thrifting, and spray painting.
What would be your tip for new bloggers? Don't start unless you really have time to be consistent. Blog about what you love. Be you.
Lemonade or Sweet Tea? Both please. I love an Arnold Palmer.
What is your favorite workout? bwahahahaha. Not really into working out when I'm prego. BUT I do love LiveFit Bootcamp in Arlington. I miss it.
What is your dream vacation? Desserted beach. No kids. Adult beverages.
Who is your first phone call after a bad day and why? hmmmm...my friend Julie or my friend Susan...They let me vent with no judgement.
If you had to choose just one beauty product what would it be? I'm a simple girl. I'm not a product junkie, but I can't live without Illegal Lengths mascara from Maybelline.
Three adjectives to describe you..go! Random. Sporadic. Cheerleader.
Lipstick or lip gloss? Gloss
What celebrity would play you in a movie? Reese Witherspoon
So here are my 5 nominations...
Emily @ Life in the Fishbowl
Courtney @ Casa One.Five.One
Leigh Anne @ There's No Place Like Memphis Mama
Stacey @ Hayes Family of Six
Erin @ Little Diva Diaries
Happy Hump Day!
Posted by Judith @ Creating Balance at 10:53 AM